Prepping your Greene County home for selling might seem like a lot of work, but it’s absolutely worth it! Preparing your Greene County, Pennsylvania home for sale doesn’t have to be a huge chore. We can show you how to do a few things every day to your home’s exterior that give your home curb appeal and keep it show-ready.
If your home requires more than just some elbow grease and time, you may need to hire someone handy to fix things. You might be tempted to sell your home just like it is. But, selling your home “as-is” often increases its time on the market, and time can decrease the sale price. Regardless of how little you can invest in curb appeal, you can make a tremendous difference with just a small investment and a weekend or two to work on it.
We can give you specific suggestions after viewing your property, but below are a few that help just about everyone with prepping your greene county home for selling.
- Clean up the lawn, rake, and bag grass clippings.
- Weed the garden and flower beds and put down fresh mulch.
- Trim hedges and bushes, especially so they do not cover windows.
- Add some color—a few seasonal flowers will do nicely.
- Freshen up the house number so that it’s visible.
- Touch up any peeling paint.
- Clean the windows.
- Clear out debris from gutters.
- Rake around the foundation and flower beds.
- Bag up any leaves for removal.
- Repair broken fence slats.
- Remove extra vehicles from the driveway.
- Paint the door a welcoming color.
- Haul discards to the recycling center.
- Repair window screens.
- Clean oil drips from your driveway.
Check out these latest luxury homes for sale in Greene County, Pennsylvania for ideas on freshening up your curb appeal.