Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Morgantown and surrounding areas with wearing of the green like a native Mountaineer. Whether you are a longtime resident or newly moved here, you can enjoy celebrating holidays like a local. There’s lots to do to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Mountaineer Country. Here are just a few to check out.
Celebrate locally the entire day
- Begin your morning at High Ground Brewing in Terra Alta, WV. On the menu is the Kegs & Eggs brunch. This full Irish breakfast is replete with eggs, mushrooms, bacon, sausage, baked beans, tomatoes, and toast.
- Spice up your day with a Philly Pretzel Factory dipped in green queso for a mid-day snack.
- For an early dinner, look to Preston County Inn in Kingwood for their annual St. Patrick’s Day Dinner beginning at 4:00 PM. Green salad with soda bread, Corned Beef and Cabbage (corned-beef brisket with leeks, carrots and boiled potatoes), or Irish Baked Salmon, Shepherd’s Pie, Bangers & Mash (traditional Irish Banger sausages grilled with sweet onions served with root vegetables and mashed potatoes); and for dessert, a slice of homemade Guinness Cake (chocolate cake infused with Guinness Extra Stout served with vanilla ice cream).
- Scorers Sports Bar & Restaurant in Morgantown is the location for St. Patty’s Day Party games, prizes, and celebratory drink specials.
- Move on to the Terra Café in Morgantown to adds a little green to your diet (in the form of dessert) with their Pistachio White Chocolate Tarts or iconic Bailey’s Cheesecakes.
What if you’re not a local?
If you don’t live in Monongalia County—or one of the nearby counties—but you want to, we can help you with that. We specialize in finding homes for people here and in the West Virginia counties of Harrison, Marion, Preston, and Taylor. But we also serve Fayette and Greene Counties in Pennsylvania.
Check out this list of homes for sale in the areas we serve. We’d love to be your representative to get you into a new home before the next celebratory holiday happens. Check out how to buy with us.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.